Allied Vehicles - Website Build &
Building a flexible template for the whole marketing department
A few years ago, Allied Vehicles came to us asking for a solution to their in-house management of their websites. They wanted to move several websites to WordPress, using a flexible template so that their marketing staff could all easily work on various sites with a good knowledge of each. We were happy to help and have been working with Allied Vehicles ever since to build and maintain their sites.
- Built With
Building sites with Users at the heart of the decision
With tens of thousands of visitors every week and a full marketing department at Allied Vehicles, we had all the stats and information we needed to pinpoint the pain points amongst staff and users and make sure our redesigns were entirely user focused.
- The most important thing was to promote vehicles, whether these were new or used mobility vehicles or purpose built taxis.
- With strong branding, the new sites all needed to reflect the existing brand. With the colours on the site, yellows and blues needed to be dominant throughout.
- Specialising in digital marketing, we understood exactly what Allied Vehicles wanted from their sites. They needed to use them as marketing tools. In other words, they needed to be able to promote events, create strong call to actions and integrate their social feeds, and it needed to be quick and easy.
- Each Allied Vehicles ‘brand’ had a huge audience, so we needed the sites to accommodate large volumes of content whilst still maintaining an easy navigation. We needed a wide spectrum of very different people to be able to find exactly what they were looking for, so navigation was key.
Building a site for the fans
As major sponsors of Glasgow Tigers, Allied Vehicles also tasked us to create a website for Glasgow Tigers that would act as an information base for fans while also allowing fans to purchase tickets for matches and merchandise.
- The site was built to offer all the information fans needed including fixtures, results, latest news, match reports, photo galleries, riders statistics and video highlights.
- Whether looking to purchase season tickets or tickets for the next home game, fans were able do so on the website and receive the email confirmations and tickets they needed to get in at the gate on match day.
- The back-end system was customised to allow different administrative access to the site, with volunteers, content writers and shop managers all needing access it was set up to be easily updated.
- Glasgow Tigers were the first Speedway team to offer a website of this nature, and it created some waves in the industry. The site inspired other major teams to try and match, but no one has managed yet. With a smooth interface and a sophisticated booking system, the Glasgow Tigers site is still the best.
With such a large amount of users on all the various sites, it was vital that they worked well across all devices.
Working with the latest web- technology, we were able to ensure that all sites were compatible across an impressive range of devices. By ensuring this compatibility, we made the sites even easier to navigate for everyone across screen sizes.